Sunday 24 April 2011

Purpose. It's that little flame, that lights a fire, under your ass.

I've realized there is, after all, a purpose to this blog.

No, don't roll your eyes just yet. When I talk about purpose in this context, it is not the 'what is the purpose of life' variety, but rather the 'the purpose of toilet paper is wiping bums' sort.

It is for posts too trivial, too shallow, too inconsequential to go into my personal journal. (Musings on life and its intricacies, as well as my PMS-induced ranting go there. Perhaps you'd like to see it one day.)

It is for posts too embarrassing, too awkward, too wordy to go into my Facebook notes. I used to write a lot of notes there many few years ago, but have since realized that a lot of them are basically about things no one gives a shit about. It makes me blush to think I used to write all those things, baring my little teeny tiny soul to the mass that is my friends list, then tag people in them. Gosh.

It is for posts that document what I am thinking at the time, little anecdotes, lists, and random thoughts that I would no doubt find amusing later (forgive my poor little mind and its lack of taste) and would wish to re-read and chuckle about.

In most cases, I would write these things down in my note-book, but I find I am hopeless at dating things, and even worse, writing them in order. That is where this journal comes in.

This journal has a purpose.

It is to entertain its audience of one, its creator.

Onward, ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment